How long does it take to tour the museum?
- The exhibit will take approximately an hour to an hour and a half to explore and experience all of the various rooms, though patrons are allowed to take as much time as they’d like during the self-guided experience. Ticket times online are for scheduling purposes and do not reflect mandatory entry times – you are welcome to visit us any time throughout the day!
I have a Groupon, do I need to reserve a time before I come in?
- You do not. You are welcome to visit us any time throughout the day! Ticket times on our website are for scheduling purposes and do not reflect mandatory entry times.
Is the museum handicap and stroller accessible?
- Yes, the museum is fully accessible for wheelchairs and strollers. We are a state of the art facility equipped with ramps and railings. Additionally there are benches located throughout the exhibit halls if you need to stop and take a break. The museum does not have on-site wheelchairs or mobility scooters available for guest use.
Is my child too young to enjoy the museum?
- The Whydah Pirate Museum is a museum with real artifacts in cases and there is a lot of reading to do. We do offer a scavenger hunt activity to keep the little ones engaged with the exhibits as they go through, but the content of the museum is geared toward older children and adults.
Why is your last entry time an hour before closing?
- We believe that in order to truly appreciate your visit with us, it takes at least an hour to experience the full museum. By enforcing our last admission time, we want to make sure you get the full value out of your visit.
Do you allow photography?
- There is a designated area of the museum where photography is encouraged, however we do not allow photographs with or without flash inside of the exhibit halls.
Are food and drink allowed?
- No. No food or drinks are allowed in the exhibit halls.
Where do I eat?
- The museum is centrally located in the town of West Yarmouth, there are numerous restaurants in the area within walking and short driving distance. There is a picnic area in the front of the museum as well.
Do we need reservations for group admissions?
- For group reservations please call the museum or email email@example.com. We offer discounted admission for groups of 15 people or more. Please contact us for more information.