The Whydah Pirate Museum is seeking to hire a part-time (hourly) Museum Associate
to work at the front desk providing superior customer service, welcoming guests, selling
tickets and merchandise.
As a part-time Museum Associate at the Whydah Pirate Museum, you will:
- Deliver excellent customer service by making all visitors feel welcome.
- Operate a POS register and perform day-to-day functions.
- Develop a working knowledge of store merchandise.
- Show initiative in completing daily tasks as needed such as ensuring the product displays are stocked, museum displays are dusted, and attractive.
- Fill in as needed at the front desk, assisting with house tours, and museum programs.
Serve as an enthusiastic representative of the Whydah Pirate Museum.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of
the employee for this job.
You must have a background or demonstrate interest in retail and tourism
industry, in working with the public and youth audiences, and have a strong
understanding of Whydah’s history. You must also demonstrate a commitment to
excellent customer service with strong communication and interpersonal skills. You
must be excited about working in an interactive museum environment. You must be
reliable and personable, a team player with a good work ethic and a desire to learn
new skills on the job.
Please send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to
hearing from you!