The Whydah Pirate Museum is seeking to hire a part-time (hourly) Museum Associate to work at the front desk providing superior customer service, and welcoming guests, selling tickets and merchandise.
As a part-time Museum Associate at the Whydah Pirate Museum, you will:
- Deliver excellent customer service by making all visitors feel welcome.
- Operate a POS register and perform day-to-day functions.
- Develop a working knowledge of store merchandise.
- Show initiative in completing daily tasks as needed, such as ensuring the product displays are stocked, and museum displays are dusted and attractive.
- Fill in as needed at the front desk, assisting with house tours, and museum programs.
- Serve as an enthusiastic representative of the Whydah Pirate Museum.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of
the employee for this job.
You must have a background or demonstrate interest in retail and tourism
industry, in working with the public and youth audiences, and have a strong
understanding of Whydah’s history. You must also demonstrate a commitment to
excellent customer service with strong communication and interpersonal skills. You
must be excited about working in an interactive museum environment. You must be
reliable and personable, a team player with a good work ethic and a desire to learn
new skills on the job.
Please send an application to email@example.com We look forward to
hearing from you!